Welcome to the World of Rob Lorenson Sculpture.
For over 30 years, I have been honing and perfecting my craft as a sculptor. Working with metal has been for me an odyssey in expression of form, space and place making. Fine metal craft excites me in any form but is elevated within the medium of sculpture.
My work is evidence of endless experimentation with metals, process and a love of making well-crafted objects.
Every space is a new challenge and every client becomes a new friend. It is a rewarding endevor that is reflected in the work.
Rob Lorenson’s landscape sculptures provide visual engagement as well as cultural, social, and economic value.
- Homeowners who wish to enhance their residence with a bold piece of art to compliment their home’s landscape and architecture.
- Cities and municipalities, they become part of our developing history and evolving culture. They reflect and reveal our society, adding meaning and uniqueness to our public places.
- Corporations, they make a bold visual statement to your investors and clients, and all who visit your facilities that your organization is creative and innovative.
PUBLIC ART DOES MANY THINGS:
- It inspires pride.
- It marks special places and adds a grace note to ordinary places.
- It offers residents and visitors a source of enjoyment that’s always open, always accessible.
- It defines a sense of place and identity. It creates landmarks, and even icons that come to stand for a city.
These abstract outdoor sculptures are, typically, manufactured out of stainless steel or aluminum with vividly painted finishes for longevity. They can withstand all that mother nature throws at them.
My outdoor sculptures and indoor metal sculptures provide a sense of placemaking, adding color and visual engagement to kinds of spaces
Visitors will leave with unforgettable memories.
“Why do I make art? Because it hurts too much when I don’t!”
~ Bruce White, Sculptor & Mentor
Please enjoy my portfolio of work, the product of 30+years of design, manufacture, and installation of a variety of small-scale to public landscape abstract metal sculptures.